Welcome to Frontman's web site!
Career Development and Background
I have been
fortunate in my career to be able to combine wide experience and
skill sets in a way that enables me to be very effective in
assuming multiple rolls within an organization, while always
focusing on customers and moving the sales process forward. My
technical expertise allows me to assist engineering and support
staff, while well-developed people skills make me a very
effective trainer and presenter. I see myself as a
sales-enabler, able to effectively insert myself in the sales
process at any stage, from high-level product demos, to
technical RFP responses, to system hand-off training and on-site
troubleshooting. I am equally comfortable in front of sales
staff, technicians, dealers and end users.
I began my career as a Tech Support Manager, so effective training and installation is very important to me. To that end I have written many Technical Bulletins, and created complete training courses for Sales and Technical staff at the Dealer and Integrator level. I firmly believe that currently there is a profound lack of technical knowledge in the U.S. Security Industry, particularly at the Dealer level, but I also believe that this presents manufacturers with a tremendous opportunity to become their customers true partners by becoming true assets. Support is key; before, during and after the sale.
Sales Engineer ,
- Train Dealers and Integrators in analog and IP CCTV cameras, NVR's, DVR's, etc.
- Conduct presentations for sales and technical staff.
- Assist in system specification and design
- Provide On-site support for dealers and integrators
- Test new products, both hardware and software
- Manage custom software and hardware modifications for large international clients
- Create Technical Documents, manuals, Quick Start Guides
- Led the restructuring of the Tech Support Department
- Created and edited content for marketing materials
Sales Engineer ,
,Denver, CO. 4/09 – 11/09
- Support Transit and Enterprise video system sales
- Create A&E and other Technical Documents
- Examine and Respond to RFP’s
- Perform site surveys, walk-throughs, plan reviews, etc. with systems integrators
- Present at regional and national tradeshows
Cernium, Corp., Reston, VA. 9/05 to 4/09
- Installed video analytics systems at airports, hospitals, campuses, critical infrastructure sites, etc
- Performed site surveys, for system design, network and camera requirements
- Performed on-sire troubleshooting
- Trained and Supported Integrators and end-users
- Assisted sales staff with technical presentations and product demos
- Assisted in drafting responses to RFP's
- Primary presenter at national and regional tradeshows
- Managed relationships with customers, technical staff, integrators and others.
Support Manager , Woodinville
Apollo Video Technology
, Woodinville, WA. 1/04 to 9/05
Created a national network of independent Sales Reps in less
than a year
Managed field installations of mobile DVR equipment
Trained field technicians
Created installation guides and Tech Tips
Created and administered Apollo’s web site.
Created and presenting training materials for sales reps,
dealers, installers and end users
Authored White Papers on Bandwidth, Storage and Handling of
digital video recording
I was involved in virtually all aspects of the company; hired to help take a new mobile DVR platform to market, primarily for my experience in CCTV and the security industry, and my domestic and international network of contacts. I helped lay the foundation for a company that is now a premier manufacturer in Mobile Digital Video systems for the Police, Transit and School bus markets. In the normal course of my work, I interact with Police Departments, School Districts, Transit agencies, other vendors and more. These activities include initial contact, Live product demonstrations, demo installations, sales training and presentations, and technical support.
Sales Support Manager ,
Advanced Technology Video, Inc.
,Redmond, WA. 5/97 to 12/03
Created and managed Technical Support Department
Developed policies and procedures,
repair and returns
Built a test lab for troubleshooting issues for internal and
Created and posted dozens of Tech Tips to aid installers,
integrators, sales people, etc.
Designed, implemented and maintained ATV’s website
Traveled domestically and Internationally to assist in Sales and
Managed relationships with ATV’s network of independent sales
Created CEU accredited training courses
(Digital Video 101,
Designed, equipped and staffed tradeshow exhibits
Conducted Live presentations at domestic and international
Support Coordinator ,
AccessLine Technologies Inc.
,Bellevue, WA. 3/95 - 4/97
Resource management; Computer support; Proprietary systems (Telecommunications, Telephony, Paging and voice mail) support and troubleshooting using DOS; System and Interface Training; Assigned and tracked customer issues; Created Technical Support Information Manual
Education: Currently working on my MCITP – EA certification. (Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional – Enterprise Administrator)
I am an avid scuba diver, with Advanced, Nitrox and Dry Suit certifications. I am also a musician, currently lead singer and guitar with Bad Habit, a Seattle-based classic rock band, performing at local clubs and festivals. My personal web site is at www.gilrene.com.
References available on request.